logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#21 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2006 2:58:24 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Allen this recipe sounds good. I will probaly put on a batch this weekend and as for the champange. I have made two batches so far, one is dry hard cider and the other one is Catawba. Both are out standing and making champagne is a wonderful experience. Although we will keep it to ourselves that we call it champagne, the Italians get up set and I do not want to offend anyone. So, we are making sparkling wine.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 08, 2006 5:12:34 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Allen, what size can of the stuff do i need and is it the frozen concentrate or the stuff that comes in something like a beer or soda can? please let me know...
Offline wineo  
#23 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2007 9:13:44 AM(UTC)
wineo

Groups: Registered

"Allen,I just looked at your recipe,and theres something you should know.
The frozen grape juice already has sulfites in it so you shouldnt use campton tablets.I have been making welches grape for many years,and I make mine with 10 cans of juice and 8 Lbs of sugar.I use a different yeast that makes it better.Its lalvin 1118,and I make a starter{1/2 gallon}with 2 packs of it 2 days before I make the wine.Building up the yeast will help it eat all that sugar.Along with the lemon juice,or tartaric acid{1/2Tsp} I also use 2 tbsps of DAP,and a tsp of yeast energizer.It makes some good,easy wine,and you can do this with any frozen juice,as long as it doesnt have any potasium sorbate listed on the label.
wineo"