Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need easy recipe for moonshine for a first timer

tom peters

Need easy recipe for moonshine

Need easy recipe for moonshine this will be my first time distilling could use all the advice and pointers anyone can give thanks.

patrick

in a 5 gal bucket, 10 lbs suga

in a 5 gal bucket, 10 lbs sugar, Hot water to fill, and some yeast. Let ferment for 2 weeks covered up. Then cook in still.

kornkob

If you want to make some "

If you want to make some "good stuff", go to a feed store, and ask for some rolled or flaked corn, 50lb sould be 5 to 7 $, if you want to get fancy get some rolled or flaked barley. 5gal of water, and sugar to get 8-10%. Add ten lbs of corn, and two lbs of barley. Then 25 drops of beano (make sure the h2o is not to hot), add yeast when temp is good, let her go and distill.

Whitewater

Can any one tell me what is in

Can any one tell me what is in "beano" and what it does for a corn mash recipe?

Drew

"Beano" is the stuff a

"Beano" is the stuff available for gas relief. Its application for corn mash is to use it for conversion of the starches present into sugars. The more starches in your product, the more beano you need.

Mike

hiya how much Beano per lb of

hiya how much Beano per lb of corn would you use?

Tracy Turner

Anyone know how much Beano per

Anyone know how much Beano per lb of corn?

Drew

I had to look this up. The bo

I had to look this up.
    The book, "Making pure corn whiskey", says that 5 drops of liquid or 3 crushed tablets added to 25 l (6 1/2 gal) batch of sour mash will be sufficient. The book also says that liquid seems to work better than the powder, but i personally haven't seen the liquid. Hope this helps. Props to the Author, Ian Smiley.

Anonymous

I am looking for a recipe for

I am looking for a recipe for making light rum, such as Bacardi.

Anonymous

Clean 5 gallon plastic bucket

Clean 5 gallon plastic bucket try DIY or walmart
    1 pack turbo 24 or 48
    Read the package and follow the instructions
    Use the least amount of sugar on the package
    Don't worry about clorine in the water

I used a paint stiring paddle on my drill to mix the sugar and water. Then added the yeast and stired it also just not as much. Leave the lid loose and let it go for 24-48 hours. Then if you want to have it ready to distill (clear) use turbo clear or a clearing agent. They usually take about 24 hours.