Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is it worth the wait

Default Water for Birdwatchers mash

Ok I may be late posting but I am up to page 70 and so far no one seems to deal with the water! Jack Daniels is all about the water. We all have water available but what does it contain? What about PH, PPM, chlorine, iron and such. Maybe a little more infomation on the water would help in mashing. I'm thinking about getting my water right and then mix the BW receipt in. I would like constructive responses.

Heya Norske and welcome...

There are a number of threads here and at homedistiller.org that discuss water quality, content and effect.

A quick search here;

http://www.brewhausforum.com/showthread.php?2018-tap-water-or-distilled&highlight=water

http://www.brewhausforum.com/showthread.php?2001-Well-water-too-hard&highlight=water

Lots of opine. I don't like my rural water's content so I use Ozarka (filtered spring water) or carbon filtered tap water for my consumption needs.

Cheers...
    DistilliTrak.com - Desktop Software for home Distillers and AFP Small producers

Hobby Distillers Association Member - hobbydistillersassociation.org - Join us today!

The only sillae question is the one you don't ask folks...

Lecanto florida now; but moving to hawiaii after lottery payment

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Ok I may be late posting but I am up to page 70 and so far no one seems to deal with the water! Jack Daniels is all about the water. We all have water available but what does it contain? What about PH, PPM, chlorine, iron and such. Maybe a little more infomation on the water would help in mashing. I'm thinking about getting my water right and then mix the BW receipt in. I would like constructive responses.
    I use burton water salts to emulate the mountain water--- there is also Dublin water salts to us to make Irish style whiskey. Naturally both are used with distilled water. :P)
    1-----Dont hesitate to ask any question. All questions help us all to keep sharp.
    2---- Put lots of information in your question. It helps the answers to be more accurate

After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box